The introduction of the Access Standards serves to align the role of the Health Board with that of St Thomas and West Cross Surgeries in ensuring the public have better access to GMS services (when this is the most appropriate care for their needs).
Access Standards – Group 1
- Practices have the appropriate telephony systems in place to support the needs of people’s needs and avoid the need to call back multiple times. Practices will check that they are handling calls in this way.
- People receive a prompt response to their contact with a GP practice via telephone.
- People receive bilingual information on local and emergency services when contacting a practice.
- People can use a range of options to contact their GP practice and to make an appointment.
- People are able to email a practice to request a non-urgent consultation or a call back.
Access Standards – Group 2
- People are able to access information on how to get help and advice.
- People receive the right care at the right time in a joined up way that is based on their needs.
- Practices understand the needs of their patients and use this information to anticipate the demand on its services.